This yoga-inspired stretch increases flexibility in the inner thigh muscles.
- Sit with knees bent and the soles of your feet touching each other.
- Keeping the back straight, hold your ankles.
- Gently press your knees downward and feel the stretch in your inner thighs.
- Hold the stretch for at least ten seconds.
- Release. Rest. Repeat again if you want to.
- If you have difficulty maintaining your posture with your feet close to your body, move them further away from you.
- If you have difficulty maintaining your posture by holding your ankles, bring your hands behind you on the floor.
- Avoid jerking your knees downward. Only bring them down as far as your flexibility will allow you.
- Keep breathing normally as you hold the stretch.
- You can gradually increase the time you hold the position to 60 seconds. Gradually means increasing in increments of ten seconds at a time.
- If you feel pain in your knees, avoid this doing exercise.